A Fine Romance is the story of Mike and Laura: two awkward, shy, shambolic misfits who really don't have much luck with this whole "love" thing. Here are our reasons as to why you should watch A Fine Romance.
Here's Mike & Laura To Explain
1. They overthink things even more than you do
Laura: Fancy a coffee?
Mike: That's a good idea. Where?
Laura: You must tell me...
Mike: Your flat. It's all right, I know the difference between coming in for a coffee and coming in for a coffee.
2. You’ll get a masterclass in being tactful
Mike: You've been crying.
Laura: I have not.
Mike: What's that water running down your face?
3. You’ll learn how to serve floating islands when they don’t cook properly
Laura: Have some floating, flaming, sunken, drunken islands.
4. There are some fine chat-up lines in there
Mike: You look younger since you've been sick.
5. That clanger you came up with on a date? Nothing compared to this.
Mike: I'm not trying to seduce you. It's just that it's about time we slept together, that's all.
6. There’s a deep analysis of workplace politi
Mike's assistant: If this was a proper firm we'd have a tea boy.
Mike: If this was a proper firm you'd BE the tea boy.
7. You’ll learn how not to propose to someone
Laura: You never gave me much feeling of permanency.
Mike: I nearly proposed once
Mike: You were asleep.
8. There’s something for action fans
Laura's mum: Do you often get nosebleeds?
Mike: No, only when I get elbowed in the face.
9. And some saucy moments too
Job applicant: I was in a movie
Mike: Are you an actor?
Job applicant: Oh no. You didn't have to act. It was a blue movie.
Mike: What was that like?!
Job applicant: Cold.
Catch A Fine Romance weekdays at 1:40pm & 6pm.